The firm has participated in planning and implementing numerous downtown revitalization programs involving streetscapes, drainage and utility improvements, facade improvement programs, and job retention and creation activities. As a prelude to planning, we have conducted market studies and surveys and assisted leadership in developing downtown economic restructuring plans.
Using funding programs offered through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Economic Development Association (EDA), Rural Development (RD), and Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) programs, we have helped communities develop small business incubators, design new town centers, install high tech infrastructure, create upper floor housing, and return downtowns to a viable center of commercial and retail services.
Recent clients include Stuart, Martinsville, Hillsville, Pulaski, and Galax, all localities within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Click on the PDF icon ( ) to view examples of our Downtown projects.
|Downtown Revitalization Projects
- Coeburn Downtown Revitalization -
- Floyd Downtown Revitalization -
- Galax Downtown Revitalization & CCSA -
- Martinsville West Church Street Corridor -
- Pennington Gap Downtown Revitalization -
- Pulaski Downtown Revitalization -
- Stuart Uptown-Downtown Revitalization -