Comprehensive Community Development
The firm has assisted several communities with the comprehensive revitalization of targeted neighborhoods as part of the Virginia Small Cities Comprehensive Community Development (CCD) Program. This program is designed to address the various arrays of needs in a defined neighborhood. The projects have primarily focused on the rehabilitation of existing housing, construction of new housing, improvements to public infrastructure, and community facilities.
Assistance includes preparation of applications, administration of the awarded grant, field surveys to identify existing conditions and community needs, housing rehabilitation, assistance in public infrastructure and community facility design, labor compliance, and project closeout. Such efforts have made significant contributions to the quality of life and physical appearance in the affected communities. Recent clients include Emporia, Kilmarnock, Pulaski, and West Point, all located within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Click on the PDF icon ( ) to view examples of our CCD projects.
|Comprehensive Community Development Projects
- Emporia West Atlantic Street Neighborhood -
- Henry County Riverside Drive-South Street CDBG Planning -
- Franklin Oldtown-Cobbtown Neighborhood -
- Isle of Wight-Booker T. Estates Neighborhood -
- Kilmarnock Mary Ball Road Neighborhood -
- Pulaski Dora Highway Neighborhood -
- Smithfield Pinewood Heights Neigborhood -
CITY OF MARTINSVILLE, VIRGINIA
- Academy Place Neighborhood -
- Cherry Street Neighborhood -
- Paradise Inn Area Neighborhood -
- CITY OF WILLIAMSBURG, VIRGINIA
- Braxton Court Neigborhood -
- Strawberry Plains Neighborhood -